Recipe Servings: 4
A decadent moist chocolate cake, sliced into half and stuffed with juicy strawberries. This cake is a perfect treat to make for your partner on Valentine's Day.
- 250 gm all purpose flour
- 350 gm castor sugar
- 375 ml yoghurt
- 75 gm cocoa powder
- 100 gm butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda sugar syrup mixed with rum
- 75 gm hung yoghurt
- 50 gm butter (beat together butter and hung curd)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 gm icing sugar
- Grated rind 1 orange
- 350 gm sliced strawberries
- Beat butter with sugar, flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Add beaten eggs, yoghurt and vanilla essence together.
- Add vanilla essence, icing sugar and orange rind. Beat the ingredients together well.
- Turn into a greased and lined 8" tin. Bake at 180 degrees C for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before turning out. Slice in half horizontally. Moisten cake halves with sugar or you can also use some strawberry juice.
- Beat all filling ingredients together. Spread over cake half.
- Spread the mixture over the lower half of the cake. Top with the strawberries.
- Cover with the top half of the cake and press down.
- Garnish with whipped cream. (optional)
- Sprinkle icing sugar and top with some whole strawberries.
Key Ingredients: Chocolate
, all purpose flour
, castor sugar
, eggs, rum
, strawberry vanilla essence, baking soda
, hung curd
, strawberries, icing sugar
, orange rind