Corn and Raw Mango Salad Recipe
Corn tossed with spring onions, bell peppers, raw mango, avocado, celery, cherry tomatoes and herbs make a crunchy and refreshing salad.
Ingredients of Corn and Raw Mango Salad
- 1 cup corn kernels or corn on the cob
- 1 Tbsp onions chopped
- 3 bulbs spring onions chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp raw mango diced
- 1/2 Tbsp celery stalk peeled and diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp pineapple diced
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp cilantro leaves
- 4 basil leaves
- 7-8 black olives
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 3 to 4 taco shells
How to Make Corn and Raw Mango Salad
- Blanch the corn in boiling salted water until tender but not overcooked.
- Drain, set aside and chill.
- Dice the onions, spring onions, red bell peppers, raw mango, pineapple, avocado and celery to almost the same size as the corn.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into half and add the parsley, cilantro and basil to the vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil and mix well.
- Fill into taco shells for presentation or alternatively in a bowl.
Key Ingredients: corn
, spring onion
, coriander leaves
, lemon juice
, bell pepper
, raw mango, mango
, cherry tomatoes
, parlsey, cilantro, basil
, black olives, olive oil
, black salt, white pepper