Recipe of Corn Cases
Recipe Servings: 4
A quick and easy substitute to a gourmet appetizer. Crisp cases made with bread and stuffed with a corn-cheese mix.
- 25 gms butter
- 12 slices bread - crust removed
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green chilli chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp whisky
- 1 small tin corn kernels, drained
- 2 Tbsp cream
- 2 Tbsp cheddar cheese (you can use any cheese) - grated
How to Make Corn Cases
- Melt butter, brush over patty tins moulds.
- Roll out bread with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Press into tins, (small tarts or pie moulds, to get a cup like shape)
- Bake at 200 degrees C until crisp.
- Cook onions and green chilli in butter until soft.
- Stir in whisky. Add corn and cream.
- Reheat. Spoon this mixture into baked cases.
- Scatter with cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven or place under a preheated grill until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Green Chillies
, Cheddar Cheese
, Pepper, Whisky, Cream
, black pepper