Goan Fish Curry
Recipe Servings: 4
Chef Rufina from Leela Palace, Goa teaches how to make an authentic Goan fish curry. Fish marinated in lemon and cooked in a rich masaledaar gravy.
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 2 medium sized fish, (any with firm white flesh, boneless and cut either into pieces or long slices)
- A pinch of salt
For the Masala:
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 flakes garlic
- 8 Kashmiri red chillies
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 coconut, grated
- 1 1/2 inch lump tamarind, soaked in water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- Marinate the fish in salt and lime (half a lime) juice for 10 minutes.
- Grind all the masalas together. Add a little bit of water to adjust the consistency.
- Add the onions and green chillies to the masala and place the pan over the flame.
- Keep the masala over the flame for about 10 minutes (two boils).
- Once done, add the marinated fish to this masala.
- Cook till one boil. (In case you use fish with bone cook up till two or three boils)
- Serve hot.
- Tastes best with unpolished Goan rice.
Key Ingredients: Fish
, cumin seeds
, Kashmiri mirch
, coriander seeds
, green chillies