How to make Bihari Fish Curry
About Bihari Fish Curry Recipe: The unique way of cooking fish in Bihar or by the Bihari community is what makes Bihari Fish Curry different and extremely delicious.The secret of this spicy curry are the spices used. The spice mix is made from coriander, cumin, black pepper, mustard seeds and red chili, roasted slightly over low heat before grounding. This prevents it from being overcooked in oil and hence you get an absolutely tasty and flavourful dish. This recipe is going to be a crowd pleaser at dinner parties at home.
Ingredients of Bihari Fish Curry
- 6 Pieces rohu fish
- 3 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 10 garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 whole red chillies
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
How to Make Bihari Fish Curry
- 1.Take the pieces of rohu fish in a bowl, add 2 tsp of salt and turmeric powder each along with chilli powder and oil.
- 2.Mash them with hands and keep aside for 15 minutes to marinate,
- 3.Now, take garlic, green chillies, mustard seeds, black pepper corns, cumin seeds, whole red chillies and fenugreek seeds in a grinder. Along with it, add a tsp each of turmeric powder and salt along with tomatoes.
- 4.Grind all the ingredients together to make a paste.
- 5.Now take a pan and put mustard oil in it.
- 6.Put the marinated fish in to the pan and fry it well.
- 7.Now take the bay leaves and put in the pan along with the grinded paste.
- 8.Saute and add ½ a tsp of salt to mix.
- 9.Now put the fried fish into the paste. Mix well and add some water.
- 10.Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 11.Add garam masala and coriander leaves to the gravy. Stir well.
- 12.Serve hot.
You can also see our pick of other Fish recipes that you can offer at your next dinner party.
Key Ingredients: rohu fish, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, oil, garlic , green chillies, mustard seeds, black peppercorns, cumin seeds, whole red chillies, fenugreek seeds, tomatoes, mustard oil, bay leaves, water, garam masala, coriander leaves