Recipe of Golden Rasmalai
Recipe Servings: 4
Here's the recipe for Pakistan's preferred dessert, Golden Rasmalai. Small balls made of paneer, flour and milk dipped in a khoya-milk gravy.
- 250 gm paneer(cottage cheese)
- 3 Tbsp semolina (sooji)
- 2 Tbsp refined flour (maida)
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 ltr milk
- 300 gm khoya
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 2 Tbsp reetha powder (with water)
- 1 tsp fresh mint
- 2 tsp pistachios, crushed
- 1 tsp almonds, crushed
- 1 tsp pine nuts, crushed
- 3 pieces gold vark
How to Make Golden Rasmalai
- Take fresh paneer, flours, sugar and all ingredients in a bowl and mash well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- Make a sugar syrup with 1 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Add these small balls to the sugar syrup. Cook for 10 minutes.
- To make rabdhi, take 2 ltr milk. Reduce it to 1 1/2 ltr. Then add khoya, 2 cups sugar, saffron and reetha powder. Cook on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Cool down to room temperature.
- Then add the small balls to this rabdhi, and put in refrigerator to chill.
- Sprinkle mint and crushed nuts on rabdhi. Put golden vark on top.
Key Ingredients: Cottage cheese
, All Purpose flour
, mint leaves
, pine nuts