Hot Cointreau Souffle
Recipe Servings: 2
A deliciously delicate hot souffle made with no flour, no milk and no butter. Enjoy this French classic, the guilt free way.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- Pinch of salt
- Butter, to coat the souffle dish
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Butter the souffle dish.
- Begin by beating 1/4 cup sugar with the yolks till light and fluffy. It should leave a trail. Add the vanilla essence and Cointreau and keep aside.
- Then whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt till soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar. (Like you would for a meringue).
- Fold in the whites to the yolk mixture, lightly and quickly.
- Place in a hot oven till well risen.
- Eat immediately!