Recipe Servings: 1
Marinated pearl spot fish wrapped up in a banana leaf and steamed till done. Serve with some steamed rice.
- 1 pearl spot fish
- 2 red chillies
- 1/4 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp chopped green chillies
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 3-4 chopped curry leaves
- 3-4 chopped shallots
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 large banana leaf
- 1 thin soaked banana tree stem
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
How to Make Karimeen Pollichathu
- Mix red chillies, turmeric powder, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, chopped curry leaves, chopped shallots, salt and lime juice to a coarse paste.
- After cleaning the fish, apply a thick layer of the paste on the inside and on the outside.
- Wrap the fish in the banana leaf and tie it with the stem.
- Heat oil in pan and place the wrapped fish in it.
- Cook each side for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Key Ingredients: Fish
, red chilli
, green chillies
, lemon juice
, curry leaves
, lime juice, banana leaf, banana tree stem, coconut oil