Khada Masala Murgh with Kasoori Methi Recipe
Recipe Servings: 5
A very light chicken recipe. This dish is flavored with dried fenugreek leaves and emits a wonderful aroma of freshly crushed whole spices.
Ingredients of Khada Masala Murgh with Kasoori Methi
- 1 med sized chicken (800 gm) cut into 8-12 pieces
- 1 cup curd (thick)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 2 dry red chillies, broken up
- 3 large onions, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped or slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves)
For sabut masale:
- 1 moti elaichi (brown cardamom)
- 2 chotti elaichi (green cardamom)
- 1 inch stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 3 laung (cloves)
- 1 tej patta (bay leaf)
How to Make Khada Masala Murgh with Kasoori Methi
- Marinate chicken in curd and salt. Keep aside 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Reduce flame and add broken chillies, chopped onions and all the sabut masalas.
- Stir fry on med till onions are golden brown.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat and add green chillies, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix.
- Add tomatoes and stir fry till oil separates or tomatoes get soft.
- Add chicken. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes on moderate flame and then lower heat.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally till chicken is tender and masala coats chicken. Sprinkle some water in-between if needed.
- Add kasoori methi and mix well.
- Garnish with ginger sticks and coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, curd, salt
, vegetable oil
, red chilli
, green chillies
, coriander powder
, dried fenugreek leaves
, green cardamom
, bay leaf