Low Fat Tiramisu Recipe
Tiramisu is an Italian cake and dessert. Soaked in coffee, ladyfinger biscuits are topped with cream and ricotta cheese mixture, sprinkled with bitter chocolate and cocoa powder.
Ingredients of Low Fat Tiramisu
- 2/3 cup coffee
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 200 gms mascarpone
- 100 gms of ricotta cheese
- Bitter chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Ladyfingers (biscuit)
How to Make Low Fat Tiramisu
- Prepare strong espresso coffee, mix a spoon of sugar in it. Bring it to room temperature and put it in the fridge to chill.
- Beat the egg yolks till they become creamy. Beat in the sugar. And then add the brandy.
- In another bowl, mash the mascarpone cheese with a rubber spatula till its creamy.
- In yet another bowl, beat the ricotta cheese till its smooth.
- Now put together your three mixtures. First add the ricotta to the egg yolk mixture and mix well. Then fold in the mascarpone. Be careful not to overdo the mixing.
- Take a flat bottomed glass bowl. Lightly soak the lady fingers in the chilled coffee, one at a time. Place them next to each other, and layer the base of the dish.
- Then distribute the cream and ricotta cheese mixture on top.
- Repeat the step above with a second layer of ladyfingers, and top it with the creamy cheese.
- Finally grate and sprinkle some bitter chocolate on top and sieve a thin layer of cocoa powder for the finishing touch.