Low Fat Tiramisu
Tiramisu is an Italian cake and dessert. Soaked in coffee, ladyfinger biscuits are topped with cream and ricotta cheese mixture, sprinkled with bitter chocolate and cocoa powder.
- 2/3 cup coffee
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp brandy
- 200 gms mascarpone
- 100 gms of ricotta cheese
- Bitter chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Ladyfingers (biscuit)
- Prepare strong espresso coffee, mix a spoon of sugar in it. Bring it to room temperature and put it in the fridge to chill.
- Beat the egg yolks till they become creamy. Beat in the sugar. And then add the brandy.
- In another bowl, mash the mascarpone cheese with a rubber spatula till its creamy.
- In yet another bowl, beat the ricotta cheese till its smooth.
- Now put together your three mixtures. First add the ricotta to the egg yolk mixture and mix well. Then fold in the mascarpone. Be careful not to overdo the mixing.
- Take a flat bottomed glass bowl. Lightly soak the lady fingers in the chilled coffee, one at a time. Place them next to each other, and layer the base of the dish.
- Then distribute the cream and ricotta cheese mixture on top.
- Repeat the step above with a second layer of ladyfingers, and top it with the creamy cheese.
- Finally grate and sprinkle some bitter chocolate on top and sieve a thin layer of cocoa powder for the finishing touch.