Recipe of Mango Meringue Cake
Recipe Servings: 5
Mango flavored cake with meringue served with a thick layer of mango puree & mascarpone dressing between layers.
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 125 gms butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 Tbsp of milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Mango juice
- 20 gms cornflour
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 mango
- Two 21 cm spring form tins
How to Make Mango Meringue Cake
- For the cake:
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees. Butter the tins.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks.
- Mix the egg yolks, flour, cornflour, butter, lemon zest, 100 gms. of sugar, bicarb, baking powder, milk and 1 tablespoon of mango juice in a processor to make batter.
- Spread the batter in the tins with a rubber spatula until it is smooth.
- Whisk the egg whites slowly whisk with sugar, one spoonful at a time till peaks form.
- Spread the meringue on top of cake batter in both tins.
- Put the tins into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
For the mango puree & mascarpone dressing:
- Blend mango, mango juice and a teaspoon of sugar to make puree.
- Whisk some mascarpone cheese and cream until it is thick.
- Take the cake tins out of the oven.
- Spread the mascarpone cheese and mango puree one after another between the two cake bases.
- Ensure the peaked cake base is placed on top.
Key Ingredients: all purpose flour
, baking powder
, lemon rind
, mascarpone cheese