Medhu Vada Recipe
A crisp South Indian snack best goes with the coconut chutney.
Ingredients of Medhu Vada
- 1 cup split husked black gram (dhuli urad), soaked for 4-6 hours
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- Oil for frying
How to Make Medhu Vada
- Drain the daal and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add salt, asafoetida and the black pepper, and beat well to make it light and fluffy.
- Mix in coriander leaves, ginger and the green chillies.
- Heat oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
- Shape the daal mixture into flat rounds, make a hole in the center and fry, first over high heat, then over lowered heat till brown and cooked through.
- Lift the vadas out of oil and drain on absorbent paper and serve.