Dahi Vada Recipe
How To Make Dahi Vada
About Dahi Vada Recipe: Whip up your favorite street food at home with this simple recipe. Vada made of dhuli urad ki daal, deep fried, served with fresh yogurt and drizzled with some tangy chaat masala. Experience bliss in every bite!
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Dahi Vada
- 1 Cup Dhuli urad dal (husked black gram)-soaked 5-6 hours, and ground to a paste
- Oil (for frying)
- 2 1/2 cups Yogurt (beaten smooth)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds (powdered), roasted
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Kala namak (black rock salt)
- For garnishing Chaat ka masala
How to Make Dahi VadaHideShow Media
Beat daal well to make it light and fluffy.
Heat the oil.
Shape the wadas and fry in hot oil, to a golden brown over medium heat. Lift out of the oil and put into a pan of salted water.
Repeat this with the rest of the batter.
Mix the salt, 1 tsp of the cumin, 1 Tbsp of the coriander leaves and black pepper into the yogurt.
Squeeze out the fried bhallas and arrange them on a serving dish.
Cover it with yogurt garnish with the rest of the cumin, coriander leaves, chilli powder, kala namak and chaat masala.