Methi Aloo Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Fenugreek leaves or methi cooked with potatoes and spices make for a hearty dish.
Ingredients of Methi Aloo
- 500 gm fenugreek leaves- chopped fine
- 250 gm small potatoes- washed and scrubbed clean
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3-4 whole red chillies salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
How to Make Methi Aloo
- Heat the oil in a kadahi and put the potatoes in.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes over a medium heat, till the potatoes are half cooked.
- Scoop the potatoes out of the oil and set aside.
- Increase heat to high for a few seconds; add the fenugreek seeds and the whole red chillies.
- Stir a few times and add the chopped fenugreek leaves.
- Stir-fry till the leaves look slightly glossy, add the half cooked potatoes, salt, chilli powder and the coriander powder.
- Cook uncovered till the leaves are done. Serve hot.