Microwave Gajar Ka Halwa
Recipe Servings: 6
Carrots and condensed milk cooked in a microwave and finished with almonds and raisins. A divine Indian dessert perfect for a wintery evening.
- 1 kg carrots - grated
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tsp green cardamom - powdered
- 5-6 almonds - blanched and shredded
- 8-10 raisins
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1200 W Microwave
- Place the carrots and condensed milk in a dish, mix well, cover and cook on High for 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Cook, covered on 50 per cent for 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Continue cooking and stirring every two minutes till the carrots start appearing slightly glossy and the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the cardamom and ghee and half the almonds and raisins, and cook at Hi for a minute.