Recipe of Murgh Bowli Handi with Tawa Roti or Lachcha Paratha
Recipe Servings: 4
Chicken cubes stirred in with assorted veggies and masalas, cooked perfect.
- 1 cup desi ghee/oil
- 200 gms boneless chicken cubes
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 tin artichokes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 200 g baby corn
- 1 Tbsp green coriander, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 50 g cashew paste
- 100 ml cream
- 4 green chillies
- 1 pinch garam masala powder
- 1 tsp black peppercorn, crushed
- 1 pinch kasoori methi powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder, roasted
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Note: If tinned artichokes or asparagus is unavailable, 100g baby potatoes can be used instead.
For tawa roti or lachcha parantha:
- 1/2 kg wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Salt to taste
How to Make Murgh Bowli Handi with Tawa Roti or Lachcha Paratha
- Blanch babycorn in milk and asparagus in water to soften.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables - bell peppers, artichokes, asparagus (or baby potatoes), babycorn, onion, tomatoes, garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, onion and tomato, red chilli powder, salt and coriander powder.
Saute to make masala.
- Cook the chicken in onion masalas with cream or kaju paste and then add to curry.
- When tender and cooked, add all the veggies to the masala and stir fry.
- Add coriander, ginger, mint and green chillies.
- Also add garam masala powder, crushed peppercorn, kasoori methi powder and roasted
cumin powder. Mix and take off heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top and serve.
For Tawa Roti or Lachcha Parantha:
- Knead the dough.
- Add ghee and salt.
- Make dough balls and flatten them.
- Fry on Tawa.
Key Ingredients: clarified butter
, vegetable oil
, dried fenugreek leaves
, whole wheat flour
, cashew nuts
, red chilli
, coriander powder
, bell pepper
, baby corn
, coriander leaves
, mint leaves
, green c