Murgh Methi Malai Recipe
Recipe Servings: 8
Chicken curried in yoghurt and cream with an added flavour punch of kasoori methi.
Ingredients of Murgh Methi Malai
- 1 chicken without skin - jointed (cut into pieces)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cloves
- 2 split brown cardamoms
- 3 sliced onions
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 6 seeded green chillies
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup full cream
How to Make Murgh Methi Malai
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add cloves and cardamoms. Saute.
- After half a minute, stir in onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Allow onions to soften.
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Allow it to reduce by half before adding methi leaves.
- Pour in 1/4 cup water and cook until ingredients colour.
- Add chicken, yogurt, chilli powder and turmeric.
- Season with salt and pour in remaining water.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add half the cream, transfer on to a serving dish and garnish with the rest of the cream and serve hot.