Recipe Servings: 6
Dough balls made of mushrooms, potatoes and masalas is dipped in egg, coated with breadcrumbs and deep fried. Chomp on these cutlets on a rainy day.
- 400 gm mushrooms - wiped clean and chopped
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ginger - chopped fine
- 1 cup potatoes - boiled and mashed
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp green chillies - chopped fine
- 2 eggs - slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup refined flour
- Dried bread crumbs to coat the cutlets
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil and add cumin and ginger.
- Stir-fry till well mixed and add mushrooms and stir over high heat to dry off the excess moisture.
- Add the coriander, amchoor, salt and chillies, turn around a few times and shut off the heat.
- When cool mix in the potato.
- Form into round or oval cutlets.
- Dust the cutlets with refined flour, then dip into the beaten egg.
- Now coat with the crumbs.
- Repeat by dipping the crumbed cutlets into egg and crumbs once more.
- Deep-fry the cutlets to a golden color and serve.
Key Ingredients: Mushroom
, vegetable oil
, cumin seeds
, coriander, raw mango powder
, green chillies