Mushroom Masala Toast
Recipe Servings: 6
Mushroom masala spread over bread with grated cheese and baked.
- 2-3 Tbsp refined oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Kashmiri Chili
- 5 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 onion, julienne
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 300-400 ml water
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 6 bread slices
- 250 gm chopped mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 slice lime juice
- In a pan, saute cumin seeds, kashmiri chilies, chopped garlic and julienne onions in some refined oil.
- Add powder spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and little water into a pan.
- Saute them together and move them to a side of the pan.
- Add chopped tomato and sugar into a pan mix them well.
- Saute them with the other spice and aromatics.
- Keep the bread in the oven at 180 Celsius for 10 minutes for toasting.
- Move the sauteed spice and aromatics to the side of the pan and add 250 grams of mushroom and season them.
- Saute the mixture together and add chopped spring onion for its crunchiness and for its contrast of color
- Add salt, 1 teaspoon butter and half lemon in to the pan and saute them well.
- Place toast in the oven tray and fill the mushroom masala .
- Pre-heat the over for 7 minutes at 180 c.
- Grate some cheese over the mushroom masala toast and keep it in the over for 5 minutes.
- In a tamarind extract add green chilies, red chili powder, fresh coriander and serve it as chutney for the mushroom masala toast.
Key Ingredients: vegetable oil
, cumin seeds
, kashmiri mirch
, red chilli
, coriander powder
, mushrom, salt
, spring onion
, lemon juice