Papite ka Halwa Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Tender papaya mixed in with elaichi, ghee and walnuts to make a delicious halwa.
Ingredients of Papite ka Halwa
- 3 cups raw papaya - peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener
- 3-4 chhoti elaichi - crushed
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1/4 cup walnuts - chopped
How to Make Papite ka Halwa
- Place the papaya in a pressure cooker along with 1/4 cup water.
- Cook over high heat and when it starts to make a hissing sound, lower the heat and let cook for two minutes.
- When papaya is tender, mash and add the elaichi, and stir fry till excess water (if any) is evaporated.
- Heat ghee and add the walnuts, saute and keep aside.
- Add the papaya mixture, and essence and stir-fry till well mixed. Mix in half the walnuts.
- Shut off the heat and add the sweetener and serve hot, garnished with the rest of the walnuts.
- Note: You can make Kaddu ka Halwa in the same way.