Recipe of Peda
A simple yet delightful sweet. Three simple ingredients make for this popular Indian sweet native to Uttar Pradesh.
- 1/2 kg khoya
- 60 gm ghee
- 1/2 kg powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp elaichi powder or to taste
How to Make Peda
- (You make fresh khoya at home also by just continuously boiling and stirring milk till it becomes thick. The khoya is cooked when milk becomes dry-lump like)
- Put the ghee and khoya in a pan and saute till brown.
- Mix in the elaichi powder and leave to cool.
- When cooled down, mix in the sugar till well blended.
- Form into desired sized rounds and serve.