Recipe of Penne Ala Vodka
Recipe Servings: 3
A mouth watering pasta recipe with cream and a splash of vodka. Do not worry about the vodka as all the alcohol burns out in the cooking process.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 can of Italian plum tomatoes deseeded and chopped (you can use regular tomatoes also)
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Penne Ala Vodka
- Melt butter and olive oil in a saucepan with onion and garlic till translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook till almost no liquid remains in pan (med-low heat) stirring frequently.
- Add cream, vodka and chilli flakes and boil until thickened to sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
- Cook penne pasta in a large pot of boiling water with salt till al dente.
- Transfer to a bowl.bring sauce to simmer and toss pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan.