Recipe of Ratatouille Moulds with Saffron Sauce
Recipe Servings: 6
Aubergine, courgette and capsicum moulds served with enticing saffron flavored sauce.
- 250 gm diced aubergine
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 large onion - diced
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 350 gm sliced courgettes
- 1 diced green capsicum
- 2 tomatoes - peeled, de-seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp thick tomato paste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped herbs
For the saffron sauce:
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp saffron strands
- Soaked in 1 Tbsp water
How to Make Ratatouille Moulds with Saffron Sauce
- Sprinkle aubergine with salt. Set aside and rinse.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions and garlic until onions soften.
- Add aubergine, courgette and capsicum. Stir until soft. Season.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer on a low flame for 20 minutes.
- Spoon into oiled/lined moulds and press down firmly. Turn onto plates and serve with sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Melt butter in a pan. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Season well.
- Add saffron and cream.
- Serve with the ratatouille moulds.
Key Ingredients: saffron
, vegetable oil
, black pepper