Roasted Beet and Red Chowli Salad with Upbeat Vinaigrette Recipe
A healthy salad with the goodness of beetroots, red chowli beans, spring onions, asparagus and a lot more, drizzled with a tangy beet-orange dressing.
Ingredients of Roasted Beet and Red Chowli Salad with Upbeat Vinaigrette
- 1 medium roasted beet, cubed
- 50-60 gm red chowli beans, cooked
- 60 gm ripe mango, cubed or sliced
- 30 gm raw mango, cut into long strips
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 6-8 stalks of spring onions
- 3-4 stalks of asparagus
- 20-30 gm of feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp garam masala/ zaatar spice
- A few romaine lettuce hearts
- A pinch of pepper
- Salt to season
For the beetroot dressing:
- 20 gm beetroot trimmings
- A pinch of orange zest
- Juice of half an orange
- Salt & pepper to season
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar
How to Make Roasted Beet and Red Chowli Salad with Upbeat Vinaigrette
- To roast the beetroot:
- Season the beetroot with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Wrap inaluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes.
- Trim the beetroot by taking out the skin and cut these into cubes.
- Leave the trimmings aside for later use.
- Transfer the beetroot into a bowl and add the cooked red chowli, ripe mango, raw mango and tomato.
For the Vinaigrette:
- In a blender, add all the leftover beetroot trimmings, orange zest, orange juice, a big pinch of salt and pepper, olive oil and mix well.
- In a tray season the spring onions with salt, pepper and 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Lightly grill these on a till a little black and soft.
- Crumble the feta cheese in a small bowl.
- Season it with zataar spice.
- Pour the dressing over the beetroot and chowli salad and mix well.
- Transfer the salad onto a plate, garnish with spring onions, grilled asparagus and the crumbled zataar spiced feta.
Key Ingredients: mango
, feta cheese
, garam masala
, olive oil
, red wine vinegar
, spring onion
, black pepper