Stone Fruit Crumble
Beautiful plums, peaches, mixed fruits, berries and chopped dates cooked with cinnamon and red wine, sprinkled with crumble and baked.
- 3-4 plums
- 2-3 peaches
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cup of mixed dried berries
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates, roughly chopped
For the crumble:
- 80 gm of cornflakes
- 80 gm oatmeal
- 100 gm white flour (maida)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 60 gm butter, softened
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the crumble thoroughly.
- Cut the plums and peaches into cubes and put in a bowl.
- In a hot pan melt brown sugar with red wine.
- To this add a cinnamon stick and star anise.
- Add the mixed fruits, berries and chopped dates into the hot pan and let it cook.
- Cover the pan and let the fruits cook for a few minutes till soft but not mushy.
- Put the stewed fruits in a baking dish and chill in the refrigerator for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle the crumble over the fruits.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot or cold.
Key Ingredients: plum
, brown sugar
, red wine
, star anise