Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
Dates stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in strips of bacon and leek. This is traditionally made with prunes and popularly known as 'Devils on Horseback'.
Ingredients of Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- 150 gm dates
- 50 gm cream cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chives
12 bacon rashers
12 leek ribbons
How to Make Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- Cut the dates lengthwise, but not all the way through . Take the seed out.
- Whisk the cream cheese, mix in black pepper and chives, spoon into the dates.
- Put it back to together. Wrap in bacon rashers. Bake in a hot oven fo 7 minutes.
- Blanch the leeks in boiling salted water. Soak in iced water. Pat dry.
- Roll the dates with the leek ribbons. Hold together with tooth picks.
- Pan fry in olive oil (veg) / roll dates in bacon for non veg.