Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
Dates stuffed with cream cheese wrapped in strips of bacon and leek. This is traditionally made with prunes and popularly known as 'Devils on Horseback'.
- 150 gm dates
- 50 gm cream cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chives
12 bacon rashers
12 leek ribbons
- Cut the dates lengthwise, but not all the way through . Take the seed out.
- Whisk the cream cheese, mix in black pepper and chives, spoon into the dates.
- Put it back to together. Wrap in bacon rashers. Bake in a hot oven fo 7 minutes.
- Blanch the leeks in boiling salted water. Soak in iced water. Pat dry.
- Roll the dates with the leek ribbons. Hold together with tooth picks.
- Pan fry in olive oil (veg) / roll dates in bacon for non veg.