How to make Chicken Liver Pate with Ginger Jam
About Chicken Liver Pate with Ginger Jam Recipe: Pate is a delicious dish of a pie or loaf consisting of liver, wine and balanced amount of spices. Here is a simple and easy recipe of Pate served with ginger jam. Made with bacon, shallots, chicken liver, white wine along with butter, salt and pepper. The ginger jam perfectly accompany the Pate.
Ingredients of Chicken Liver Pate with Ginger Jam
- For Pate:
- 150 gms bacon
- 100 gms shallots
- 200 gms port wine
- 500 gms chicken liver
- 200 gms egg
- 7 gms salt
- 2 gms pepper
- 200 gms clarified butter
- For Ginger Jam:
- 500 gms ginger
- 1 litre white wine
- 1 kg sugar
- 2 litre water
How to Make Chicken Liver Pate with Ginger Jam
- Prepare Pate:
- 1.In a pot add the chopped bacon and shallots and sweat them without colour.
- 2.Add the port wine and bring it to boil and remove from the flame.
- 3.Let it infuse for 30 minutes, strain and reserve.
- 4.In a blender combine chicken liver, port wine, eggs, salt and pepper. Blend well.
- 5.Warm up clarified butter add it to the blender, blend and strain.
- 6.Place it in small containers and heat it when using at 68C for 60 minutes.
- Prepare Ginger Jam:
- 1.Blend the ginger:
- 2.Combine all the ingredients and cook for 5-6 hours until you get a syrup consistency.
- 3.Serve with Pate and Ginger Jam with toasted Brioche.
Key Ingredients: For Pate:, bacon, shallots, port wine, chicken liver, egg, salt, pepper, clarified butter, ginger, white wine, sugar, water