Recipe of Thai Basil Chicken
Recipe Servings: 2
Fresh and fragrant basil leaves are the highlight of this Thai dish. Chicken chunks tossed in Oriental flavours of oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and garlic.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 chillies, chopped
- 250 gm chicken, cut into small bite sized pieces
- Water, a little bit
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 3-4 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- Salt, to taste
- 7-8 basil leaves
How to Make Thai Basil Chicken
- In a wok add olive oil, chillies and garlic. Saute.
- Add the chicken. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add a little bit water to de glaze.
- Add oyster sauce, fish sauce and soy sauce. Toss.
- Add the yellow and rec bell peppers with salt according to taste. Saute till chicken and bell peppers are cooked.
- Just before the stir fry is ready add some basil leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice.