Recipe of Tinda Masala
Recipe Servings: 6
Tinda tossed in oil and spices. This masaledar tinda recipe goes well with any Indian bread.
- 1/2 kg tinda - scraped and cut into 6-8 pieces lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves-chopped (dhaniya)
How to Make Tinda Masala
- Heat the oil and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the green chillies and tinda, and stir-fry 2-3 times.
- Add coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, and the garam masala. Stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring a few times till cooked.
- Serve masaledar tindas hot garnished with coriander leaves.