Recipe of Tomato Paneer
Recipe Servings: 4
A low fat paneer recipe that is worth every calorie! A milky concoction of cottage cheese chunks, tomato puree, a pinch of sugar and mild spices, all tossed together in olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp zeera
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 capsicum, diced
- 1 1/2 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup paneer, cut into medium sized cubes
- Salt, to taste
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup milk
- Chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
How to Make Tomato Paneer
- In a pan add olive oil, zeera, star anise, ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the diced capsicum. Saute for 1 minute. (You can saute it for longer in case you do not like your capsicum too crunchy.)
- Add tomato puree. Add salt, garam masala and sugar. Cook till it leaves oil on the sides.
- Add milk. Mix well. Add the paneer cubes. Let it cook for 2 minutes on low flame. Do not over cook the milk as it can curdle.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Note: Paneer cubes can be grilled on a non-stick tawa till light brown before adding to the base. You can also add a split green chilli to increase the heat of the dish in step number 3.
Key Ingredients: Cottage cheese
, olive oil
, cumin seeds
, star anise
, tomato puree
, garam masala
, coriander leaves