Vegetarian Seekh Kebabs
Recipe Servings: 4
Methi, palak, dal, potatoes and masalas are blended to form dough, which is then grilled on a skewer.
- 200 gm fenugreek / methi leaves (1/2 cup puree)
- 200 gm spinach / palak leaves (1/2 cup puree)
- 1/2 cup boiled channa dal (boiled to a bite like consistency, and drain)
- 1/2 cup boiled potatoes-mashed
- 2 tsp green chillies-chopped fine or to taste
- 2 tsp ginger-chopped fine
- 2 tsp garlic-chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- Oil to brush
- Mix the purees and cook over medium heat to evaporate excess water, and a dough like consistency remains. Cool completely.
- Add the channa dal, mashed potatoes, salt and chilli powder. It should be a dough like consistency.
- Shape into tube like shapes around a skewer and grill, brushing with oil now and then.
- Note: In case the dough is not firm enough you can add a little maida/ besan to bind the mixture.