Wild Mushroom Ragout
Recipe Servings: 3
An easy to make mushroom ragout with some cream, mustard and onions.
- 3-4 wild mushrooms, hydrated and chopped (See note)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter + 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 9-10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp white wine
- 1 Tbsp cream
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 basil leaf, to garnish
- In a pan add olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- Add the onion, garlic and saute till onions turn pink.
- Add the button mushrooms, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the hydrated wild mushrooms, white wine and the mushroom stock. Saute.
- Add the cream, mustard, salt, pepper. Mix.
- Garnish with basil.
- Serve with tomato pilaf.
- Note: De hydrated mushrooms should be soaked and simmered in hot water for 5 minutes.
The water used to hydrate these mushrooms to be used as the stock; do
not throw away.
Key Ingredients: Mushroom
, olive oil
, white wine
, mustard powder
, black pepper