How often we have looked at our favourite TV or movie stars, gushed about their flawless skin and wondered about their beauty secrets! The life of your favourite Bollywood celebrities can be extremely hectic and taxing at times, which is why they need a team of beauty, fitness and wellness experts to keep them healthy and make them look as perfect as they do. Dr. Jewel Gamadia is one such beauty expert, whom you might have spotted on the timelines of some Bollywood A-listers' social media pages recently. Dr. Gamadia is an acupuncture who is a hit with actors like Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma, Jacqueline Fernandez, Vaani Kapoor, etc.
Anushka Sharma also introduced husband and cricketer Virat Kohli to Dr. Gamadia's healing techniques. Dr. Gamadia is also a health and beauty expert, with his forte being skin care. His Instagram page is full of diet tips for a great skin and an improved overall well-being.
Here are some of Dr. Gamadia's expert diet tips for a flawless skin:
1. Consume Omega 3 For Dry Skin: According to Dr. Gamadia, "Omega 3 is an essential nutrient that helps skin to retain moisture. It also improves nutrient supply to skin and helps in waste removal. EPA found in omega 3 slows down collagen breakdown, which slows skin aging too." He goes on to advise his followers to only consume the nutrient in specific doses, as prescribed by an expert.
2. Eat Papaya For A Youthful Skin: Papayas have been known for their amazing nutrition profile and are also popular with people who are watching their weight. But, Dr. Gamadia recommends this fruit for its beauty benefits as well. He wrote, "Here's a secret! Papaya has an amazing enzyme called PAPAIN, which helps in skin lightening and is the best for skin aging. It repairs damaged skin cells rapidly, making your skin youthful. Guys add this fruit of youth to your diets!"
3. Co-Enzyme Q10 For Healthy Hair And Skin: You may not have heard much about this nutrient called COQ10, but Dr. Gamadia says it can help you get 'fab skin' and 'fab hair.' He says that this nutrient can help you beat fine lines on the face and can also improve the quality of your hair. Dr. Gamadia recommends this nutrient especially for people in their late twenties as well as for those who have crossed 30 years of age. COQ10 is found in foods like chicken (breasts, thighs and wings), fishes like mackerel, salmon, sardines, sunflower, canola and olive oils, vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and fruits like avocados, grapes, blackcurrants, etc.
4. Avoid Milk And Sugar To Prevent Acne: According to Dr. Gamadia, milk and sugar are two of the biggest culprits that cause acne. "Hormones in dairy products can stimulate the sebum glands in your face, making them produce more oil and clog your pores, which leads to acne," he wrote. He also warns that eating excessive sugar leads to a process called 'glycation,' which causes acne.
5. Consume Adequate Iron To Prevent Hair Loss: Dr. Gamadia says that a deficiency of iron in the body leads to hair loss in women. He says that it is "important to consume leafy greens like spinach to up your levels (of iron) combined with vitamin C rich foods, as they help in absorption of iron." He also recommends adding nutrients like biotin, protein, zinc and omega 3 to your diet to help your hair grow naturally.
These are just some of the beauty tips you may follow to get gorgeous skin and healthy hair like your favourite Bollywood divas. However, it's always more prudent to consult your respective physicians and nutritionists before taking any dietary supplements or making any major changes to your current diet.