cucumber can prove to be quite beneficial. Not only is it a rich source of water, but also loaded with various essential vitamins and minerals. Its calorific count is quite low and hence it can come to the rescue of those who are looking to shed some extra kilos. Other than this, cucumber is also a rich source of vitamin B, potassium and magnesium. According to Bangalore-based nutritionist Dr. Anju Sood, "Anything which has high water content, also has lots of vitamins and minerals in it. Cucumber water helps flush out toxins from the body to a great extent." Consumption of cucumber water on a daily basis can provide you with numerous health benefits. Drinking cucumber water will increase your vitamin C levels, as well as beta-carotene, manganese, molybdenum, and various other antioxidants, including cucurbitacin.
Here are some of the untold benefits of cucumber water:
1. Boosts Bone Health: Cucumber is a rich source of vitamin K which plays an essential role in preventing blood clots. It also boosts bone health to a great extent. It contains silica and manganese, among other trace elements. This can help to strengthen the bones and lower your risk of osteoporosis.
Cucumber is a rich source of vitamin K
2. Keeps Your Skin Healthy: The secret behind a healthy and nourished skin is drinking lots of water. Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the skin. Wash your face with cucumber water every day to avoid acne breakouts.
Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. Photo Credit: iStock
3. Freshens Breath: Drinking a glass of cucumber water can enhance the saliva production, which in turn helps in keeping the mouth odour at bay. Make sure you drink fresh cucumber water only. Also, remember excess of everything is bad, moderation is the key!
Drinking a glass of cucumber water can enhance the saliva production
4. Curbs Appetite: Drinking a glass of cucumber water on a daily basis could help suppress your appetite and make you feel full until your next meal. This way, you will save on munching on those extra calories. When you make cucumber water a larger part of your diet, it will prevent some of the overeating and unnecessary snacking between meals that can de-rail any diet.
Drinking a glass of cucumber water on a daily basis could help suppress your appetite
5. Provides Extra Vitamins and Minerals: Cucumber alone can provide you with various essential vitamins and minerals. You will not only be getting antioxidants but other vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin A as well. Cucumbers also contain silica, which has a number of positive effects on the body. Most importantly, however, this is a delicious and unique twist on an average glass of water that will keep you coming back for more.
Cucumber alone can provide you with various essential vitamins and minerals. Photo Credit: twitter/daolabs
Start adding this wonder potion to your daily diet regime and watch out for results!
When it comes to detox,