Here are some of the untold benefits of cucumber water:
1. Boosts Bone Health: Cucumber is a rich source of vitamin K which plays an essential role in preventing blood clots. It also boosts bone health to a great extent. It contains silica and manganese, among other trace elements. This can help to strengthen the bones and lower your risk of osteoporosis.
2. Keeps Your Skin Healthy: The secret behind a healthy and nourished skin is drinking lots of water. Cucumber is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the skin. Wash your face with cucumber water every day to avoid acne breakouts.
3. Freshens Breath: Drinking a glass of cucumber water can enhance the saliva production, which in turn helps in keeping the mouth odour at bay. Make sure you drink fresh cucumber water only. Also, remember excess of everything is bad, moderation is the key!
4. Curbs Appetite: Drinking a glass of cucumber water on a daily basis could help suppress your appetite and make you feel full until your next meal. This way, you will save on munching on those extra calories. When you make cucumber water a larger part of your diet, it will prevent some of the overeating and unnecessary snacking between meals that can de-rail any diet.
5. Provides Extra Vitamins and Minerals: Cucumber alone can provide you with various essential vitamins and minerals. You will not only be getting antioxidants but other vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin A as well. Cucumbers also contain silica, which has a number of positive effects on the body. Most importantly, however, this is a delicious and unique twist on an average glass of water that will keep you coming back for more.
Start adding this wonder potion to your daily diet regime and watch out for results!