Salads are a staple in every meal, especially during the summer months. Crunchy fresh vegetables topped with the choicest dressing make for a refreshing addition to our meals. Salads are full of nutrition, load us up with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and also keep us hydrated. Even a simple cucumber salad can enhance the taste of a simple meal. What if we told you, it was possible to reinvent the humble cucumber salad and give it an all-new spin? This viral recipe for creamy cucumber salad shared by popular food blogger Yumna is not just simple to make but also tastes insanely delicious. It's also a great way to reinvent the summer favourite cucumber.
The recipe for creamy cucumber salad was shared by Yumna on her handle @feelgoodfoodie. It got immense appreciation and went viral, receiving over 4.1 million views and 93k likes. "Make this creamy cucumber salad this summer - perfect on its own or with anything grilled," she wrote in the caption.
The creamy cucumber salad recipe was quite easy to make and required a few simple ingredients. Cucumber and onion were the two main vegetables used in this dish. The interesting techniques used by the blogger made the cucumber salad a class apart from the usual salad recipes. For instance, Yumna used a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber and red onion extremely thinly, thereby elevating the flavours in a unique way.
Watch the full recipe video for creamy cucumber salad here:
Here is the full viral recipe for Creamy Cucumber salad by food blogger Yumna:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
1. In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream, vinegar, dill sugar, and garlic powder until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the sliced cucumbers and red onions on top of the sour cream dressing and stir to coat.
3. Serve immediately at room temperature or refrigerate for one hour before serving.
So, try this amazing recipe for creamy cucumber salad and tell us how you liked it in the comments section!
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.