Just add slices of your favorite veggies and fruits like lemons, mint, orange, apples, strawberries and cucumbers to a pitcher full of water for a nutrient infused refreshing drink. Play with different colors to make it look exciting for kids.
2. Sparkling waterThis is a great alternative to get the fizz in a healthier version. Squeeze lemon or any fruit juice to a glass of sparkling water. Sparkling water is water that has been infused with carbon-di-oxide to produce a bubbly drink, a good alternative to sugary soft drinks.
3. Coconut waterThe healthiest drink on the planet, coconut water contains various bio-active enzymes and electrolytes that aid digestion and various metabolic processes. It is loaded with potassium to balance out the sodium in our body. This phenomenal thirst quencher strengthens your immune system, eliminates toxins and breaks down kidney stones. The plant hormones called cytokinin, present is in this beverage, exhibit anti-cancer and anti-ageing properties.
4. Drink up your vegetablesJuice your favourite veggies for a nutrient dense yet a low calorie shot. It takes twenty minutes for the body to absorb this wholesome drink, as the body does not take much time to break it down for utilization. Use a variety of vegetables like mint parsley, cucumber, coriander, beets, amla, carrots or sweet potato.
5. Fermented beveragesThis is a great way to give your health a boost with good gut bacteria. The number of probiotics and enzymes in an average diet has declined sharply over the last few years. Let’s get back to chach, lassi and kanji for better gut health.
6. Drink your wineResearch from Harvard medical school has reported that red wine has anti-ageing and anti-cancer properties. Compounds found in red wine keep the blood vessels healthy and contribute towards a longer life.
With so many healthy options, you could be spoilt for choice and there could be no reason to reach to that can of soda.About the Author:
Shilpa Arora ND is a renowned Health Practitioner, Nutritionist and certified Macrobiotic Health Coach. She has to her credit Doctorate in Natural Medicine. She is currently based in Delhi NCR region, successfully running her Nutrition Studio with individual consultations, offering life style programs supported by the most up-to-date clinical research.
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.