There must be something about coconut water that makes it such a massive favourite among nutritionists and health experts. It's perhaps the healthiest natural drink you can have on a hot summer day. Second only to water, a glass of coconut water can instantly cheer you up. The delicate sweetness and fresh taste can help you escape the sweltering heat real quick. But calling coconut water a refreshing drink or a thirst quencher is a bit of an understatement. It is a lot more than just a dose electrolytes and sugar. It can do wonders for your skin, your waistline, is great for your heart and so much more. So, what are the great health benefits of this nature's very own sweet nectar? Let's find out.
10 Health Benefits Of Coconut Water: Facts You May Not Have Known
1. Coconut Water is Nature's GastroenterologistAre you suffering with indigestion or acid reflux? The natural enzymes present in coconut water can help you get back on your feet. When you are suffering from a bout of diarrhea or recovering from a stomach-related illness, a a few glasses of coconut water will help soothe the tummy and help you get back on your feet sooner.
2. Natural Drink For Unlimited JoyCoconut water is a naturally delicious drink that has none of the additives that canned and bottled beverages come with. No preservatives, no added sugar - just loads of healthy nutrients that help you you stay hydrated during the hot summer months. Children and adults can both enjoy this natural refreshing drink for immense health benefits. Try a few fun variations for a change of taste and flavour. Make a glass of nimbu-paani with half coconut water and half water for some added deliciousness.
3. Anti-ageing PropertiesCoconut water could do wonders for your skin and help induce a youthful glow. Coconut is known to have has cytokinins in it, which is a well-known anti-ageing agent. Besides this, it also hydrates your skin to make it more radiant and firm.
4. Coconut Water Vs Fruit JuicesCoconut water has a better concentration of minerals than fruit juices. Studies have shown that fruit juices may give a sudden sugar rush. Coconut water is lower in calories and has much less sugar than some fruit juices.
5. Coconut Water Helps you Burn More FatCoconut water helps to boost your metabolism. The higher the metabolic rate, the more fat you burn. Another plus point is that even though coconut water has a very low concentration of carbohydrates, it still gives you a feeling of being full. A perfect drink to lose weight.
6. Coconut Water is Heart HealthyDo you have blood pressure problem? Keep calm and drink coconut water. Coconut water could do wonders for your heart health. It contains magnesium and potassium that help in maintaining healthy heart functions. (Also Read: Top 10 Natural Foods to Control High Blood Pressure)
7. Boosts Your ImmunityYour immunity tends to take a dip in summers. Coconut water has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties and can strengthen your body's immune system. Drinking coconut water daily would help you bolster your body up with vital nutrients and keep diseases at bay.
8. Coconut Water for your SkinCoconut water works like a charm against acne and other skin blemishes. It can also be used as a cure for eczema. Apply coconut over the affected area and leave it overnight. As a bonus, coconut water also tones your skin.
9. Coconut Water for Healthy HairCoconut water promotes hair growth and is effective against dandruff and lice. It can penetrate into your hair shaft, moisturise it and give it a healthy shine. For healthy and shiny tresses, make sure you drink up this magic potion. (Also Read: Losing Hair? Eat These 9 Foods to Prevent Hair Fall)
10. Coconut Water to Help With That Nasty Hangover
Last but not the least, coconut water is a great home remedy to cure a morning hangover. Coconut water contains anti-oxidants and electrolytes which help in treating hangovers. So the next time you come back home after partying, you know the drink you need to load up on next morning.