Photo Credit: Instagram/the_hidden_chapterAsk a South Campus student what Satya Niketan means to him or her, and you would have them at loss of words. Satya Niketan or 'Satya' as it is fondly reffered to as by the youth, is the epitome of a true student's hub. With numerous PG accommodations, multiple eateries and cafes lined one after the other, it is bustling. Tapping on the student crowd, several cafes come and go without a trace, almost every fortnight. But some cafes leave a long lasting impression for its ambience, food and youth connect.
Here's a list of the best Satya Niketan cafes that you must check out
1. Qd'sSouth Campus students' excitement knew no bounds when the famous multi-cuisine haunt of North campus students decided to open a branch in Satya Niketan. Within days of its establishment, the Satya Niketan Qd's became as popular as its counterpart in Hudson Lane. It serves many delights ranging from Oriental cuisine to Italian, but a hot selling item here, that you will spot on every table, is their signature Tandoori Momos. This is why they always place a bottle of mint chutney along with the red chilli garlic chutney on every table that are the best accompaniments to their Tandoori Momos. Other dishes that you must try are Honey Chilli Potato, Fish Fingers, Chilli Garlic Noodles, Lasagna and Kathi Roll.
Where: 294, Satyaniketan Market, Near Venkateshwara College, Satyaniketan,
Cost For two: INR 800
2. Cafeteria and Co.
Where: 293, Satya Niketan Market, Satyaniketan, New Delhi
Cost For Two: INR 800
3. 2 Bandits Lounge and BarOne of the most spacious restaurants in Satya Niketan, 2 Bandits immediately catches your attention for its quirky decor. The colorful lamps and lights, the cute little teapots lined on the wall, the 'swinging-chairs' (yes, there is a corner where you get to enjoy your meal literally on swings in place of chair). But two bandits is not just all show and no substance, the extensive menu packs the yummiest salads, soups, nachos, nuggets, pizza, subs, burgers and desserts. Indiana Jones Tikka Wrap, Spiced Fajita Wrap, Greek Salad, Cheesy Meat Balls and Colossal Subs are a must try.
Where: 16, 1st & 2nd Floor, Opposite Sri Venkateshwara College, Satyaniketan, New Delhi
Cost For Two: INR 1500
4. Big Yellow DoorFor over four years Big Yellow Door or BYD (as it is fondly called) has been a pit stop for creamy, cheesy and lip-smacking food. Be it their pizzas, pastas or nachos, you cannot find so much cheese at one place that too at such pocket friendly prices. Try their Baked Nachos, BYD Bomb Burger and Pasta Alfredo to know what we mean. Their Chicken Barbeque Wings, Butter Chicken Pizza and Chilli Chicken Spaghetti are worth every penny too.
Where: H-8, Opposite Venkateswara College, Satyaniketan, New Delhi
Cost For two: INR 750
5. EchoesTry this cafe not just for their extensive range of food, but their effort of bringing down the stigma against the specially-abled. By bringing in an entirely deaf and mute staff in the domain of service, Cafe Echoes is breaking barriers set by speech and language. How exactly do they achieve the feat you ask? By their disabled friendly design. To place your order, you need to write your order on a notepad, after which you press the light switch right next to your table which signals the staff that you are ready to place the order. For additional requirements like extra spoon, tissue or the bill, you have a set of placards mentioning the same, placed right on your tables. Genius, right? You must try their Chicken Lasagna,Oreo Shake, Chocolate Sundae and Fried Chicken.
Where: 17, 1st Floor, Opposite Sri Venkateshwara College, Satyaniketan
Cost For Two: INR 650
6. Young Wild FreeTrue to its name, the Young Wild Free has designed the cafe and assorted a menu suited for a crowd who love their indulgences. From exciting pastas, nachos to smoothies and shakes, YWF would leave you spoilt for choice. Try their Double Chocolate Brownie Shake, Kiwi Mojhito, Schezuan Fish and Chicken Stroganoff for a satiating experience.
Where: 13, 1st Floor, Opposite Venkateswara College, Satyaniketan, New Delhi
Cost For Two: INR 600
7. Amigos HubWith its easy-going ambience and pocket friendly delicacies, Amigos Hub stands to be one of the most favourite cafes in Satya Niketan. Their Chilli Cheese Momos, Bruschetta, Wraps, Double Decker Chicken Burger, Garden Fresh Pizza and Chicken King Pizza are sure to impress.
Where: 96, Opposite Sri Venkateswara College, Satyaniketan, New Delhi
Cost For Two: INR 550
Have we missed out on your favourite Satya Niketan Cafe? Do let us know!
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.