Gorging on yummy snacks is something nobody can resist, especially around the festive season like Diwali when all we can think of are mouth-watering treats to satiate our taste buds! No Diwali party is ever complete without endless servings of snacks, but if you are a diabetic, then you must be controlling your cravings and trying to stay as far as possible from all these yummy treats. What if we tell you that there are ways you can indulge too and enjoy your favourite dishes?! All you need to do is to make smart choices like preparing all your favourite dishes at home with the right ingredients; meaning replace unhealthy ingredients with healthy ones.
Talking about healthy versions of your favourite dish, here we have a healthy dhokla recipe that you can easily add to your diabetes diet without any guilt. Dhokla is one quintessential snack that is loved by everyone and can be experimented with endless options. From suji dhokla to rice dhokla, one can make dhokla with just about anything. To make your dhokla diabetic-friendly, you can tweak the recipe a bit and just indulge!
Sprouts And Spinach Dhokla Recipe For Diabetes:
Sprouted moong dal, besides being rich in antioxidants, is also brimming with fibre and protein, both keep you well satied and prevents a spike in blood sugar levels. Coupled with spinach, a winter veggie with low glycaemic index and rich fibre content, this dhokla seems like the perfect snack to binge one for diabetics!
(Also Read: Make Instant Dhokla In A Glass That Too Without Steamer, Here's How!)
Dhokla can be experimented in a number of ways.
Here's how you can make Sprout Spinach Dhokla At Home:
- Sprouted moong- 1/2cup
- Spinach (blanched and chopped)- 1/2cup
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies (chopped)- 2
- Besan- 1 1/2 tbsp
- Fruit salt- 1/2tsp
- Hing- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 3
- Green chillies- 1 (for tempering)
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Oil (for greasing)
1. Combine sprouted moong, spinach and chillies to blend in a mixer with some water for a fine batter.
2. Add this batter to a bowl, add salt and besan with some water to make the batter of pouring consistency.
3. Now add fruit salt and mix well.
4. Now grease a bowl with some oil, pour the batter into it, spread it evenly.
5. Steam it for about 10-12 minutes. When cooked, cut into squares.
6. To make the tempering, heat oil in a pan, add green chillies, cumin seeds, curry leaves and hing. Saute for a while.
7. Pour it over the dhoklas and serve with some green chutney!
Try this healthy and yummy dhokla recipe at home this festive season and share your experience with us in the comments section b
Try this healthy and yummy dhokla recipe at home this festive season and share your experience with us in the comments section below.