Mahashivratri is being celebrated with much fervour and gusto today. On the special occasion, devotees offer prayers to Lord Shiva and observe a day-long fast and seek blessings. And apart from the traditional recipes that are usually savoured on this day, many people hunt for healthy and easy-to-cook options that can keep them full for a longer time. On such occasions, what else could be better than an indulgent smoothie? Taapsee Pannu's nutritionist Munmun Ganeriwal recently shared a nice fast-friendly recipe of makhana smoothie that carries a classic balance of health and taste.
In the caption, she mentioned, “Makhana is a great source of Resistant Starch (RS) that will keep you satiated for a long time.” So, if you are someone who finds fasting difficult because of hunger pangs every now and then, then this recipe is for you, she added. Further, the nutritionist also revealed that this smoothie is wholesome with nuts, raisins, seeds and milk together. It is not just high in nutrients but also in taste.
1) Roasted makhana (Lotus seed) - 1 cup
2) Roasted peanuts - 2 tablespoons
3) Almonds - 2 tablespoons
4) Nut milk - 1 glass
5) Honey to taste
6) Soaked raisins and mixed seeds (for garnishing)
How to make this delicious makhana smoothie?
1) First of all, take a jar and put the ingredients one by one. Add roasted makhana, roasted peanuts, almonds followed by nut milk. Now, all you have to do is blend it all into a smoothie.
2) Take it into a glass and add some honey, as per your requirement. Ideally, you can take a tablespoon of it.
3) Here comes the final step of garnishing. For this, take soaked raisins and mixed seeds and you are good to go.
This delectable makhana recipe will also add a much-required healthy punch to your fasting meal.
Take a look:
So, if you are fasting on the occasion of Mahashivratri today, don't forget to rustle up this makhana smoothie.