Apart from being rich and flavourful, South Indian cuisine offers a plethora of options that are sure to tantalise your taste buds. Many of us are ever ready to dig in spongy idlis, crispy dosa, vada with hot bowl of sambhar. No wonder these recipes are magical and can be eaten anytime. However, South Indian cuisine is much vaster than these ubiquitous dishes. If you dig deeper in this cuisine, you will find options galore to pick and choose from. Each region in Southern India has something to offer. For example, Kerala has chettinad recipes, Tamil Nadu is known for pongal, kuzhambu and much more.
Similarly, here we bring you a recipe from the streets of Andhra Pradesh. You all might have tried the quintessential Andhra-style chicken recipe; this chilli egg fry is equally delicious and needs just a handful of ingredients to get ready. To prepare this recipe, all you need is some eggs, green chilli and coriander paste, curry leaves along with some spices and you are good to go. Now, let's learn how to make it.
Also read: 5 South Indian Egg Recipes You Must Try
Andhra-Style Green Chilli Egg Fry: Andhra-Style Green Chilli Egg Fry
- To start with the recipe, heat oil (preferably coconut oil) in a pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and let them splutter. Once done, add chopped onion and wait until it turns slightly brown in colour.
- Now, add 5-6 green chillies (slit) and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add salt to taste, turmeric powder, and mix again.
- Break 2-3 eggs in the mixture and mix everything well. Wait until the eggs get cooked.
- Add red chilli powder, black pepper powder and garam masala to taste.
- Mix everything properly. Sprinkle some curry leaves and coriander leaves on the top.
This recipe is perfect when you want to have something delicious without investing time and back-breaking efforts. Try it out and let us know how you liked it in the comments below.