- 1 raw coconut, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch of chopped dhaniya (cilantro)
- 3 green chillies
- 2 small lemon
- Salt (as per taste)
- 3 tsp oil
- A pinch of red chilli
(Also Read: 10 Best Coconut Recipes)
- Take one raw coconut and crack open it. Do away with the inner meat. Now, with a help of a vegetable peeler, remove the hard skin off of the inner white flesh. Make sure you wash it before you cut it into small pieces.
- Now, in a mixer add the coconut pieces, dhaniya (cilantro), green chillies, lemon juice and 4 tablespoon of water. Mix all the ingredients until you get a fine paste.
- Pour the chutney into a bowl and add water depending on how thick you want its consistency to be.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan and add mustard seeds to it. Turn off the stove when you see the mustard seeds popping. Add red chilli powder as per your taste.
- Now, add the tadka to the chutney and mix it will. Your coconut chutey is ready to be savoured.
About Shubham BhatnagarYou can often find Shubham at a small authentic Chinese or Italian restaurant sampling exotic foods and sipping a glass of wine, but he will wolf down a plate of piping hot samosas with equal gusto. However, his love for homemade food trumps all.