India is a country known worldwide for its diversification. There is diversity in culture, people, places, seasons and even in food. Every region in this country is popular for offer something different from others and we foodies can't complain. North India is famous for its robust recipes such as chole bhature, chicken tikka, butter chicken and more, while Southern India is famous for its mild and comforting preparations such as dosa, curd rice, biryani and more. No matter what dish you try, it is going to be a treat for the taste buds. If you love south Indian cuisine, here we bring you a recipe that is perfect to pair up with your boring meals. It is called South Indian-style tomato raita.
Also Read: 5 South Indian Chutney Recipes You Must Try
This raita recipe is popularly known as Thakkali Pachadi in South India. It is healthy, delicious and super tangy! Making it at home is quite a cakewalk, too. In addition, this raita recipe involves just a few ingredients in its preparation. Curd, tomato, curry leaves, coconut oil, mustard seeds, and that's all! Let's learn how to make it!
South Indian-Style Tomato Raita Recipe: How To Make South Indian-Style Tomato Raita
- To begin with the recipe, all you need to do is finely chop 4-5 tomatoes. Once done, keep aside.
- Take another bowl, whisk curd and put it inside the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, whole red chillies, a pinch of hing, and chana dal. Let them splutter.
- Once done, add curry leaves along with chopped tomatoes. Wait until the tomatoes turn mushy and soft. Until then, take a grinder, add coconut, cumin seed, green chilli, and blend them together.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked as required, add this mixture followed by curd. Add salt after it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, curry leaves, and serve!
Try this recipe and let us know how you liked it! For more such recipes, stay tuned!