Cookies are probably one of the most drool-worthy and no-fuss desserts. Whether you combine them with hot milk or vanilla ice cream or even have them as is - it's sweet that never stops giving. The moment you bite into the cookie, an array of flavours explodes within. It's no surprise that a freshly baked batch of homemade cookies disappears in an instant! Chocolate chip is one of the most popular flavours of cookies out there. However, Reddit users have come up with an interesting new cookie recipe that is perfect for dessert-lovers, that is, soft lemon cookies.
(Also Read: How To Make No-Bake Coconut Cookies, With Just 5 Ingredients!)
Lemon flavoured desserts are slowly becoming the trend these days. Lemon meringue cake and lemon sponge cake are some of the dishes you may have heard of. However, soft lemon cookies are an interesting and new idea that we came across on Reddit, giving a twist to the traditional cookie recipe.
Shared on the sub-Reddit r/food by u/Byssine, the post has received over 40k upvotes and hundreds of comments. The soft lemon cookies seemed extremely crumbly, with a sweet and slightly sour zing and were coated with powdered sugar for an aesthetic appeal. The best part is that this recipe uses simple ingredients which you can easily find at home. Even beginner cooks will easily be able to ace this recipe!
Here Is The Full Recipe For Soft Lemon Cookies From Reddit | How To Make Soft Lemon Cookies
- 70g butter
- 100g white sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 medium egg
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Yellow food colouring (optional)
- Powdered sugar for the coating
- In a bowl, add softened butter, sugar and lemon zest. Cream the ingredients using a spatula.
- Once they are combined, add egg and some yellow food colouring (this is totally optional). Now add the lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients (sifted flour, baking powder and salt), everything is gonna come together. Mix everything until the flour is well incorporated. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Now form the cookies using an ice cream scoop or by hand. You also need to freeze them for another 30 minutes. After you get them out of the freezer and wait for a couple of minutes, you will be able to form some perfectly round balls.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and bake them for exactly 13 minutes. Let them cool completely and coat them with powdered sugar.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your aprons and get cooking with these soft and fluffy lemon cookies. Trust us, it'll become your go-to cookie recipe.
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.