"In her appeal to the processed food manufacturers, the minister said that it is time to stand up and make exemplary contribution for the flood affected people of Chennai who have been patronising food brands and products manufactured by the industry," the statement added.
It also listed current status of the supplies to Tamil Nadu government by various companies:
- Nestle India supplied 10 metric tonnes of noodles and 5,000 litres of tetra packed milk and 50,000 pouches of coffee. Some 30 metric tonnes of noodles, about 8 metric tonnes of biscuits is also being supplied.
- ITC has supplied six truckloads consisting of 3,163 boxes of biscuits.
- MTR has supplied about 14,128 ready-to-eat food packets and another quantity of 35,000 packets will be delivered by Monday.
- Britannia has supplied three truckload of 345 boxes of biscuits and remaining two truckloads of food items. They have also been requested to supply additional quantity of milk produce and some bread.
- Coca-Cola India has supplied 50,000 one-litre water bottles.
- PepisCo has supplied 12,000 one-litre water bottles and is arranging transport.
- Parle is arranging to send three truckload of Parle Biscuits.Inputs from IANS