Whenever we have to rustle up something quick and enticing, our search normally ends at a sandwich (sometimes we even begin there, why even waste more time when you already short of it right?). A hearty sandwich impresses in any avatar, but if we had to narrow down, a veg sandwich would definitely be that one quick, hassle-free snack we find ourselves making a bit too often. We have a recipe that will just add that extra zing to your sandwich and become an absolute highlight of the day. It does not need a large army of ingredients, nor does it need more than 10 minutes to prepare! Yes, it is that simple.
(Also Read: Make Your Own Instant Noodles Masala At Home )
This double layered potato sandwich is made with intensely decadent layers of mashed vegetables and potatoes slid in between three bread slices. To make the masala filing, you would need to make a spicy mishmash of aloo, chopped capsicum, bellpeppers, onions and tomatoes. Mix them up well with hot spices and masalas, and use them as a spread for your sandwich, but before that do not forget to roast your bread slices on a tawa over a generous dollop of butter! There, we saw you slurping.
How To Make Double Veg Masala Sandwich:
- 3 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped onions
- 3 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- Half cup boiled and smashed potatoes
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp heeng
- 1 finely chopped green chilly
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp haldi
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- Chaat masala a pinch
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat one tablespoon of butter. As it heats add some cumin seeds and let it splutter, lower the flame.
- Now, add some green chillies and ginger garlic paste and sautee on medium flame.
- Increase the flame a bit, add onions and sautee until they start turning a bit translucent.
- Add the capsicum and potato and sautee well. Cook until slightly soft, you do not want to lose the crunch completely.
- Next add the tomatoes and sautee well. Add some salt, sautee again.
- Add the rest of the powdered spices, turmeric, red chilli powder, hing, pav bhaji masala chaat masala, and cumin powder. Give it a good mix for two minutes.
- If you want you can grate some cheese on top and cover the lid for a minute. This is optional.
- Finish it off with a squeeze of lemon juice. Allow it to cool
- Now in another pan, roast the sandwich bread slices with butter.
- Take one of the slices and slather the mix on the bread, cover it with another slice of buttery bread, then some more masala and another slice of bread on top.
Try this recipe at home and let us know how you liked it!
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong penchant for food, Sushmita loves all things good, cheesy and greasy. Her other favourite pastime activities other than discussing food includes, reading, watching movies and binge-watching TV shows.