A good snack is often a highlight of our day. When we're in a bad mood, we reach for something crispy to make ourselves feel better. When we're ravenous but don't have time for a full meal, we chomp on something small. We all have our preferences: some choose potato chips while the more health-conscious opt for makhana. Peanuts also make for a yummy and healthy snack. The best thing about peanuts is that they don't require too much cooking to be tasty. Just toss them along with a few spices and basic ingredients and you will still get a mouthwatering snack. If you love munching on peanuts, we have found a special recipe for you.
Also Read: 4 Effective Remedies To Cool Your Mouth After Eating Spicy Food
Have you ever tried those packaged crunchy masala peanuts? They taste so good, right? There is a simple way to make that snack at home, using healthy ingredients and without adding any harmful preservatives. The recipe was shared by vlogger Reshu on her YouTube Channel, 'Cooking With Reshu.' These masaledar peanuts are so easy to prepare, we are sure you'll not be able to resist them. Check out the recipe below.
How To Make Crunchy Masala Peanuts At Home | Quick And Easy Peanut Snack Recipe by Cooking With Reshu
What you need:
To make the crunchy shell of the peanuts, you need besan (gram flour), rice flour and corn flour. For the masala seasoning, you require red chilli powder, haldi (turmeric powder), jeera (cumin) powder, garam masala, amchur (dry mango powder), heeng (asafoetida) and salt. You also need to keep oil ready for deep frying the peanuts.
Also Read: Love Peanut Butter? Now You Can Make It At Home With This Easy Recipe Video
How to prepare:
- Take peeled peanuts and wash them well. Allow to dry in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the 3 types of flour together. Add the spices mentioned earlier and mix carefully.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of this flour-spice mixture to the peanuts and mix well. Add a bit of water to help them get coated better.
- Next, add more of the flour-spice mixture and mix it with the peanuts with the help of water.
- Repeat this technique until the mixture is over and the peanuts have been completely covered with it.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the peanuts until golden brown. Allow to cool, sprinkle more masala on top and enjoy fresh!
You can watch the entire recipe video here:
Now that you know how to make this "nutcracker" snack at home, you can enjoy it whenever you want!
Also Read: Spice Up Your Breakfast Routine With Healthy Masoor Dal Dosa (Recipe Inside)
About Toshita SahniToshita is fuelled by wordplay, wanderlust, wonderment and Alliteration. When she is not blissfully contemplating her next meal, she enjoys reading novels and roaming around the city.