The summer is upon us. The weather outside is ruthless and very few things could cheer us up during this time, a stick of creamy kulfi being one. If you have grown up in India, you would know how our summers are incomplete without kulfi, ice cream and falooda. Another top summer essential would have to be mango. Our refrigerators are already filled with the freshest varieties and we are not complaining. The countless desi mango recipes are testimony of our love for the fruit. Currently, we are obsessed with mango kulfi, simply because it offers the best of both worlds. The fact that it is so ridiculously easy to make, is another reason why we are never getting over our obsession soon.
(Also Read: Ankita Konwar Is Getting Her 'Hands Dirty' Eating Mangoes And We Are Jealous)
This simple recipe of mango kulfi recipe by food vlogger Parul can be made in a matter of minutes. Here's what you would need to do:
1. Take two ripened, sweet mangoes. Wash and peel them. Chop roughly.
2. Take a grinding jar and add all mango chunks and make a fine puree.
3. To the same jar, add a pinch of salt, malai or fresh cream, condensed milk (or sugar powder), milk powder (optional) and cardamom powder. Blend well.
4. Pour the mango kulfi batter in kulfi moulds, or paper cups, dessert cups or steal glass or a glass. Garnish with mango chunks or nuts. Cover the mouth with foil paper, prick a hole and set an ice cream stick or any stick in between.
5. Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
6. When your kulfi is set, do not pull it out of the mould immediately. You can run the mould in warm or regular temperature water, or rub it in between your palms. Then pull out the kulfi with ease.
You can find the detailed recipe with all ingredients and steps in the YouTube video link below. Try making it at home today. You can also enjoy this kulfi in your Navratri fasts. If you are fasting, you can skip the salt or use sendha namak instead. Let us know how you liked it in the comments section below.
(Also Read: 5 Offbeat Mango Delights To Try This Summer Season)