Desi Chinese food has a fan following of its own. Whether it's honey chilli potatoes or chilli chicken, these spicy preparations are truly delectable and can be had any time of the day. Although they seem tough to prepare, most recipes can easily be made at home as well. Stir fry veggie is one such item which is found on most menus of Desi Chinese restaurants. This recipe is quite easy to prepare and can be recreated at home with just a few simple ingredients.
The best part about the vegetable stir fry recipe is that it can be made with practically any vegetable that you have lying around at home. Be it cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, corn or even bell peppers - all these veggies can give a new lease of life to this refreshing stir fry recipe. Further, additional ingredients such as soybean, cottage cheese and even eggs can be added to this delicious recipe.
Although the vegetable stir fry recipe does not usually have a gravy in it, you can add some water optionally to make it a gravy dish. This can then be paired with a simple steamed rice, or some fresh Hakka noodles. So what are you waiting for? Get cracking on this scrumptious recipe and surprise your family with your creativity and innovation.
Here Is The Full Recipe Of Vegetable Stir Fry With Cottage Cheese:
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 6-7 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 Cabbage, sliced
- 1 Capsicum, sliced
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 6-7 Baby Corns, chopped
- 200 gm Paneer, cubed
- 2 tbsp Stir Fry sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed frying pan. Sautee garlic and onion in the pan first.
- Once the onion is golden-brown, add other vegetables such as capsicum and cabbage. Let them heat at high-flame so that they are crisp.
- Next, add carrot and baby corn and let the vegetables sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Once your vegetables are sauteed, you can add the stir fry sauce. If you don't have it at home, use a tablespoon each of soya sauce, vinegar and red chilli sauce.
- Mix the tomato sauce and spices. Add water if required.
- Heat till boiling hot and then switch off the heat. Serve hot.
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.