While all of us trying every possible way to keep the COVID-19 at bay, one cannot deny the fact that a wonderful portion of delicious desserts is the go to solution to beat stress. And wouldn't it be wonderful if we suggest some quick, easy and delicious dessert recipes that can be curated in your kitchen using a few basic ingredients.These dessert recipes are simple to cook, with delicious results.
We reached out to Renu Dalal, daughter of the late famous chef and cook book author Tarla Dalal, shared some simple recipes that can help us add some sweetness to the otherwise mundane life.
Here Are Easy Desserts To Enjoy During Quarantine:
1. Baked Peach Yoghurt
Simple, delicious and easy to cook.
(Also Read: 11 Best Dessert Recipes | Popular Dessert Recipes)
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 200 ml yoghurt
- 3 peaches
- 3 tbsp sugar
For the peaches
1. Peel the peaches and chop into small pieces.
2. Boil them in little water with 2 tbsp of sugar.
3. When the peaches are cooked allow to cool.
For the yoghurt mixture
1. Mix the condensed milk and yoghurt.
How to proceed
1. Place the peaches at the bottom of an oven proof glass bowl or individual oven proof small glasses.
2. Pour the yoghurt mixture over top of the peaches.
3. Bake the mixture in a preheated oven at 300o F (149o C) for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven.
1. Refrigerate the glass bowls or small glasses for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Garnish with chopped peaches before serving.
- You can use tinned peaches if peaches are not in season. Remove the peaches from the tin and chop into small pieces.
- Strawberries can be used instead of peaches.
- You can add extra yoghurt (100 ml) to reduce the sweetness if you like.
2. No-Bake Oreo tarts
This simple easy to make tarts tastes divine and yes, irresistible!
- 250 ml cream
- 40 grams chopped dark cooking chocolate
For the tarts:
- 24 crushed oreo cookies (crushed in a mixer)
- 5 tbsp melted butter
For the tarts:
1. Mix the crushed oreo with the butter.
2 Place the crushed cookies on 2 inch, loose bottom tart moulds. Press firmly on all sides to form the shape of a tart.
3. Refrigerate the moulds for 30 minutes.
For the chocolate filling.
1. Heat the cream in a vessel.
2. Add the chopped chocolate.
3. Mix thoroughly till all chocolate dissolves.
How to proceed:
1. Pour the filling in the tart moulds.
2. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours till the filling sets.
3. Remove the tarts from the moulds.
4. Keep in the refrigerator and use when needed.
3. Chocolate Panipuri Dessert
An innovative and unusual dessert!
- 15 pani puris
- 150 grams cooking chocolate
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp brown sugar
For the milk
1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Roll each puri in the melted chocolate till the puri is covered in chocolate.
3. Place the puris on butter paper so that they do not stick and put in the fridge to set for 6 hours.
4. You can also store the puris in the refrigerator in an air tight container and use when needed.
5. Do not deep freeze.
For the walnuts
1. Break the walnuts into pieces.
2. Heat the brown sugar in a non- stick frying pan, add 1 tsp of water and cook the walnuts for 1 to 2 minutes on a slow flame.
1. Make a hole in the puris.
2. Place approximately 2 tsp of ice cream in each puri and sprinkle walnuts on top.
3. Serve immediately.
- Instead of walnuts you can use strawberries and mangoes when in season.
- Instead of vanilla ice cream you can use chocolate ice cream.
4. Beetroot Halwa
Instead of carrots, beetroots are used to make delicious tasting halwa.
(Also Read: 11 Best Indian Dessert Recipes | Popular Indian Dessert Recipes)
- 4 cups grated beetroot (approx. 5 beetroots)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chashew nuts (fried or roasted)
- 1/2 cups full fat milk
For the beetroot:
1. Wash the beetroots in running water. Peel them and slice off the bottom part..
2. Grate the beetroots.
How to proceed:
1. Heat the ghee in a nonstick frying pan.
2. Add the grated beetroot and cook for 3 or 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add the sugar, milk, cardamom powder and cover with a lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Remove the lid, stir continuously and cook till the liquid mostly evaporates.
5. You can deep freeze the halwa and use at your convenience.
1. Serve hot garnished with cashew nuts.
About Author: Renu Dalal, daughter of the late famous chef and cook book author Tarla Dalal is the author of the books Simple and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes and Modern Vegetarian Recipes.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.